DAILY CRUISE FROM THE PORT OF KISSAMOS TO GRAMVOUSA ISLAND AND BALOS LAGOON
It all started ιin the summer of 1995.Today our two companies (Cretan Daily Cruises and Chrissi Daily Cruises) own 11 passenger-tourist boats and organize the following daily cruises:
1. From the port of Kissamos Chania to the island of Gramvousa and Balos lagoon (Cretan Daily Cruises)
2. From the port of Souda to the bay of Souda (day and night cruises) (Cretan Daily Cruises)
3. From the port of Ierapetra to the island of Chrissi (Chrissi Daily Cruises)
4. From the port of Makrys Gialos Ierapetra to Koufonisi island (Chrissi Daily Cruises)
Our boats depart from the port of Kissamos (Kavonisi) for Gramvousa and Balos lagoon. Kissamos or Kasteli is a small scenic town, on the northwestern part of Crete, approximately 43 kilometers from the city of Chania (www.kissamos.gr). Gramvousa and Balos are habitats of stunning natural beauty, included in the European initiative ΝΑΤURΑ 2000.
Our cruises depart daily from the end of April-beginning of May until October (depending on the weather), onboard the following ships: GRAMVOUSA, PORTO GRAMVOUSA, GRAMVOUSA EXPRESS and SPIRIT OF ATHOS.
1st departure 10.20 – return to the port at 17.45
2nd departure 10.40 – return to the port at 18.00
For the months of July and August there is a third itinerary:
3rd departure 12.30 – return to the port at 19.30
There are extra itineraries on special occasions.
TICKET PRICES without meals
• Passengers up to 2 years old travel for free.
• Passengers between the age of 3 and 12 pay 13€.
• Passengers over 13 years old pay 27€.
The above-mentioned prices (no meals) include 24% VAT, all legal charges, and a written guided tour in your language.
The Municipality of Kissamos collects 1 euro from every ticket (paid in cash), as an administrative fee for passengers over 13 years old visiting Balos lagoon.
TICKET OFFICES - RESERVATIONS
You may purchase your tickets in Kissamos, from the following locations:
1. Our main offices are located at a distance of 1 kilometer from the town square, on the main street (Iroon Polytechniou) which leads to the port, next to Carrefour (free parking) – Telephone +30 28220 22888.
2. At the port of Kissamos (Kavonisi), in front of our boats – Telephone +30 28220 24344 / 83311 (free parking). You may place your reservations in the following ways:
By our website: www.cretandailycruises.com, or by telephone at +30 28220 22888-24344, or by email at email@example.com, and get your tickets from our ticket offices on the day of your trip. From all cooperating with our joint venture travel agencies. On the day of your trip you may give us the reservation documents provided by the travel agency and we shall give you your tickets. You can also purchase your ticket from our ticket offices, without a reservation, on the day of your trip (depending on availability), by paying in cash or with a credit card.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW
The ticket price does not include onboard dining. Should you decide to dine onboard, it will cost you approximately 7€.
The self-service bar is open throughout the cruise, offering Cretan traditional delicacies and other dishes (souvlaki, chicken or steak with potatoes in the oven, stuffed peppers and tomatoes, Greek salad, pizza, toast, sandwiches, soft drinks, pastries, wine, beer, ice cream, coffee, etc.).
Before disembarking in Gramvousa and Balos, you may want to purchase, bottled water, soft drinks, snacks, coffee, sandwiches, beach items, etc. from the bar. Also, you may rent an umbrella, at a daily fee of 4€.
You may purchase your ticket from our ticket offices, using your credit card.
You may use your credit card for purchases onboard the ship.
A hat, sunscreen, and comfortable shoes are essential under high temperatures, especially during the summer months.
There is a free parking area at the port of Kissamos.
Our ships in Souda and Kissamos are also ideal for special social events, such as weddings, christenings, etc. (for information please call at +30 28220 22888).